I LOVE HAVING VISITORS TO MY BLOGS. YOU ARE WELCOME TO LEAVE A COMMENT (HOPEFULLY NICE.) I DO WELCOME SUGGESTIONS.

Friday, February 13, 2009

United States "Lapbook"

Katie and Ana have started a United States "Lapbook"
It doesn't have booklets but opens up to a big U.S.A.
I used two regular sized file folders.
They are coloring in the states and will be adding the names.
On the parts of the file folder that do not have anything on them, I am thinking of having the girls put the state flags on and also the state abbreviations.
I will add 3 tabs on the outside so they can be put into a binder.
I was very surprised at how excited the girls were to do this.



Update 3/20/09: We are almost done. I have to make another flap for the girls and then they can glue their booklets on. Oh, we also have to get the names of the states printed out and glued on. They are doing a great job!
The booklets are from: www.enchantedlearning.com you can get a membership for $20.00 a year...I find it is worth it. I've been using this site since Becca started homeschool in 2002. (It was free then!)

No comments: